Privacy & Personal Information Security Policy
SmartPath, Inc. (“SmartPath”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) understands that your privacy is an important concern, especially for a personal finance site. SmartPath is committed to protecting the privacy of all of our users. This Privacy and Personal Information Security Policy explains how SmartPath uses, shares, and protects the information you provide to us through our websites.
Last Updated: January 24, 2022
1. How we use and share your Personal Information.
“Personal Information” refers to any non-public information that can identify you, including information and data that you provide to us through the websites www.JoinSmartPath.com and OnSmartPath.com. Personal Information may include, without limitation, your name, your alias, phone number, mailing address, email address, login-information, identification numbers, online identifiers, and other identifiers of you. We may use your Personal Information, and/or share your Personal Information with third-parties subject to such third-parties agreeing to comply with applicable privacy laws, for the following purposes:
- To fulfill your requests for our products, services, and applications;
- To provide access to our accounts, transaction history, and other information related to our products, services, and applications;
- To communicate with you;
- To improve our sales and marketing;
- To improve and/or develop our products and services;
- To enable our business affiliates, partners, contractors, and/or contracted third-parties to improve and/or develop their products and services;
- To provide aggregate reporting, in a non-personally identifiable way, to third-parties;
- In the event you are part of an employer or third party sponsored plan, to provide your name, employer identification number, participation levels, participation dates, and/or other standard information about your participation in our plans/programs to such employer or such third-party;
- In conjunction with a sale of our company or our assets, in which case, we may transfer some or all of the Personal Information to the acquiring company;
- To comply with law enforcement, applicable law, and when disclosure is required by a court, government agency, or regulator;
- In any manner consented by you in writing;
- As otherwise set forth in this Privacy and Personal Information Security Policy.
2. We will not sell your Personal Information.
We will not sell your Personal Information without your consent.
3. We will take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information safe.
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information safe from loss, unauthorized activity, or other misuse. We implement measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to risks inherent in handling your Personal Information. All of the Personal Information submitted to us is secured using bank-grade 256-bit SSL in a secure datacenter. Even with all of the security measures we do have in place, the nature of the Internet and its methods of data transmission means that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of Personal Information or any other information or data.
4. You may have the legal right to ask us to disclose to you the Personal Information we collect, use, and disclose, and opt out of the sale of your Personal Information.
If you are a resident of a U.S. state with a privacy law that is applicable to the Personal Information we obtain from you, then under such privacy law, you may request us to disclose: (i) what Personal Information we have about you, (ii) the types of Personal Information we are collecting from you, (iii) what we do with that Personal Information, (iv) to delete your Personal Information, and (v) not to sell your Personal Information.
You may opt out of receiving marketing e-mail communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of our e-mails or sending us mail or e-mail at the address below.
5. Your non-personal information may be used to improve our service.
Like many other websites, JoinSmartPath.com and OnSmartPath.com may collect technical information about you, such as what browser you are using or how much time you spend on a certain page or screen, to help us understand how you use our websites. Similarly, our websites employ an Internet technology called “cookies.” Cookies are small files which save information about your visit to our website. None of this information is used to identify you personally, and is not considered to be Personal Information, but such information is used in the aggregate to help us improve the websites’ performance, design, and stability. Some state privacy laws require us to let you know how we respond to web browser Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. We do not currently respond to DNT signals.
6. Your Personal Information is stored in the United States.
We are located in the United States. If you are a resident of any country outside the United States, you understand and agree that we store and process your Personal Information on computers located in the United States, and that by providing any information to us, you consent to the transfer of such information to the United States.
7. Our websites are to be used only by persons in North America.
Our websites are to be used only by persons located in North America (i.e., the United States, Canada, and Mexico) and are not designed for use, offered to, or intended to be used by, any persons outside of North America.
8. Have questions? Contact us.
We may decide to change this Privacy and Personal Information Security Policy at our discretion, but if we do, we will post the changes here. If you have any questions about this Privacy and Personal Information Security Policy, you can contact us at:
2451 Cumberland Pkwy. SE, STE 3608
Atlanta, GA 30339