We believe that everyone deserves a simpler, low-stress relationship with their money. Personal finance has been overrun by complexity, sales, and uncertainty. That’s why we’re working to make financial problem solving more personal and accessible for people like you, your friends, your coworkers, and your family.
We have two primary products: (1) a mobile and web app for our customers and (2) an administrative dashboard for our Financial Coaches. As a site reliability engineer, you'll be building, maintaining and helping scale the infrastructure for these products.
Our stack includes:
- Node and Postgres on the backend
- Firebase for document storage and authentication
- React-Native and VueJS for our frontend
- Jest and Cypress for testing
- Webpack and fastlane for builds
- Google Analytics, Bugsnag, and Fullstory for analytics and insights
- Ensure customer trust and satisfaction by putting user needs first.
- Ensure servers are performant and scalable to meet client and coach demands.
- Manage uptime, identify and mitigate risks to availability before they impact the business.
- Maintain and improve codebase.
Job Skills and Qualifications:
- Have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience scaling a Node server to handle hockey stick style growth
- Experience improving the performance of Postgres queries
- Experience with GraphQL / Sequelize ORM
- Experience with Heroku (Dynos, Add-Ons, Pipelines, etc)
- A passion for helping Main Street families gain financial courage and a better understanding
- Subscribe to a strong belief in user and automated testing
- Comfortable with Git and Github
- Experience with Google Cloud technologies
- Have familiarity with environment management and Dev-Ops
Our engineering team was already distributed before the rest of the company implemented a work-from-home policy amidst the current pandemic, so we are a well functioning, fully remote team.
- Free financial advising
- Volunteer Time Off
- Home office setup stipend
- Medical, dental and vision coverage at 75% for individuals
- Success Sharing with employees
- 4% 401(k) Matching immediately upon starting
- Untracked Vacation