We’re looking for a Sales Director to join our growing team.
In a nutshell, SmartPath is a mission driven organization that believes every person should have access to unbiased financial guidance. We believe providing that guidance plays a major role in advancing DEI and equity more broadly. We measure ourselves on impact - not simply revenue. If you believe the same, you’ve come to the right place.
As our Sales Director, you will be on the front lines driving revenue growth for SmartPath. We are looking for a team player who thrives on impactful relationships, powerful story-telling and has a track record of sales success. If you exude flexibility, a commitment to openness and authentic curiosity, you’re on the right track. In the end, we’re all on a mission to help people with their finances.
You can expect to take on these problems:
- Generate new broker relationships and activate these relationships by bringing in new employer clients through brokers
- Pursue direct employer clients by leveraging network and opportunities that arise through lead generation
- Educate, motivate, and train brokers and direct employers on the value proposition of SmartPath to drive enthusiasm about the program
- Leverage powerful narratives to articulate SmartPath’s key differentiators and the benefits the program features provide from a total rewards perspective
- Facilitate relationships with the account management team after sale is made to ensure seamless and successful transition
- Penetrate new segments and relationships on an ongoing basis
- Transparently communicate sales objectives, progress and goals to SmartPath team on a regular basis
This opportunity is a unique combination of leadership, revenue generation and collaboration within a small, distributed, fast-paced team. Our employer clients love our service - join the team that’s making a difference in employers and employees’ lives.
What we're looking for:
We're passionate about what we do. Here are all of the areas we expect you to show your passion.
- Sell benefits programs to large organizations either directly or through the broker channel
- Proficiency in sales, cold calling and presenting to new prospects
- Craft powerful narratives to generate buy-in internally and externally
- Relationship building, strategic vision, proactive negotiation and effective presentation skills
- Working in highly collaborative, start-up environment
- Making financial wellness programs accessible to employees of organizations
- You’ll be a champion of our mission. We’re a small company where folks wear multiple hats and you may be asked to lend a hand somewhere else temporarily from time to time.
Ideally we'd like:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years of sales experience in the employee benefits and/or HR services industry
- Previous track record of success
- Ability to travel 40%, once things get back open - the world has changed, though, so virtual meetings may suffice more than in the past
Important things to know:
Territory: No red tape. Nationwide territory and opportunities.
Flexibility: This is a full-time role, however we are more results oriented than clock oriented. We have people working in all timezones and are at different life stages. We know things are extra challenging right now so we completely understand childcare or other life circumstances that might interrupt a normal “9 to 5” workday. We're happy to discuss working arrangements with you.
Compensation: $150-175K first year on-target earnings with a balance of base + guaranteed commission. Unlimited earning potential with commissions for new business.
Location: This job can be anywhere inside the US. We are based in Atlanta and get together several times per year as a team, but you are welcome to work from anywhere.
Team: You would report directly to the company Founder and CEO, a former Bain manager, HBS grad, author, entrepreneur and personal finance guru.
We believe that everyone deserves a simpler, low-stress relationship with their money. Personal finance has been overrun by complexity, sales, and uncertainty. That's why we're working to make financial problem solving more personal and accessible for people like you, your friends, your coworkers, and your family.
Our culture is pretty informal, hard-working and human. We aren't perfect and still learning a lot as we grow, especially from each new hire that brings something new to the team. There's not much hierarchy so instead we focus on results and ownership. Everyone owns a part of our mission and everyone contributes.
We are venture backed and closing in on profitability, though our story started over 10 years ago when our founder Alok Deshpande started SmartPath as an education company running seminars out of hotel ballrooms. We've adapted our services and strategy over the years, but his passion for helping main street folks get the help they deserve with their money is still our north star.