We’re looking for a Sales Development Summer Intern to join our growing team.
As our Sales Development Intern, you will be on the front lines supporting SmartPath’s sales team. We are looking for a motivated team player who has a competitive, self-starter attitude and is excited to try on a career in sales. Your internship at SmartPath could be the first step on a career path that offers tremendous growth for sales, personal finance, client relationships and entrepreneurship. If you exude flexibility, a commitment to openness and authentic curiosity, you’re on the right track. In the end, we’re all on a mission to help people with their finances.
You can expect to take on these problems:
- Research potential clients and manage lead lists
- Connect with as many sales leads as possible through cold calling, LinkedIn, email and other channels
- Generate as many opportunities as possible for sales team to follow up on
This opportunity is a unique combination of communication, creativity, enthusiasm and multi-tasking to develop an impactful sales pipeline for the company. Our employer clients love our service - join the team that’s making a difference in employers and employees’ lives.
What we're looking for:
We're passionate about what we do. Here are all of the areas we expect you to show your passion.
- Research potential employer clients to position SmartPath as partner of choice
- Enthusiastically reach out to as many leads as possible via cold-calling, email, LinkedIn, social media and more
- Use conversational-skills in order to connect with leads and create buy-in for next step
- Qualify leads at initial stage in sales funnel before handing them off to the Sales team
- Collaborate with the Sales team to organize, maintain and manage lead list
- Present daily updates to Sales team on connections, updates and progress
- Be mentored by seasoned employees who can help you craft your career
- You’ll support our mission. We’re a small company where folks wear multiple hats and you may be asked to lend a hand somewhere else temporarily from time to time.
- Competitive, self-starter start-up environment with opportunities to build professional acumen with a unique, growth-oriented culture
Ideally we'd like:
- Recent (2021) or upcoming (2022) college graduates
- Interest in working in a small, agile startup environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to learn and grow with a curious and patient mindset
- Someone who embodies a competitive, yet highly collaborative spirit
Important things to know:
Timing: 10 week internship | June -August 2021 (dates can be flexible)
Compensation: $5,000 stipend + incentive compensation for meeting key metrics
Location: This job can be anywhere inside the US. We are based in Atlanta and get together several times per year as a team, but you are welcome to work from anywhere.
Perks: Opportunity to learn from and work with the company Founder and CEO, a former Bain manager, HBS grad, author, entrepreneur and personal finance guru.
We believe that everyone deserves a simpler, low-stress relationship with their money. Personal finance has been overrun by complexity, sales, and uncertainty. That's why we're working to make financial problem solving more personal and accessible for people like you, your friends, your coworkers, and your family.
Our culture is pretty informal, hard-working and human. We aren't perfect and still learning a lot as we grow, especially from each new hire that brings something new to the team. There's not much hierarchy so instead we focus on results and ownership. Everyone owns a part of our mission and everyone contributes.
We are venture backed and closing in on profitability, though our story started over 10 years ago when our founder Alok Deshpande started SmartPath as an education company running seminars out of hotel ballrooms. We've adapted our services and strategy over the years, but his passion for helping main street folks get the help they deserve with their money is still our north star.